FALL CLASSES 2019
The Important (But Boring) Details
Schedule in Calendar Format
- Class fees must be paid at the time of registration. For your convenience, we can accept your credit card payment over the telephone. We understand that a registrant may not be able to attend a class for any number of worthy reasons, but to ensure that classes do not have to be cancelled at the last minute because of withdrawals, no refunds or credits will be issued unless the class is cancelled by Quilty Pleasures. Placing your name on a waiting list without payment does not guarantee you a space.
- If a class is full, give us your name for a waiting list. If numbers warrant, we will schedule additional classes.
- Classroom machines are available, but please reserve your machine in advance. When using a classroom machine, you still must supply your own needles and thread, and if you wish to keep your bobbin thread, you will be required to pay for the bobbin.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR CLASS SUPPLY LIST AND PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE COMING TO CLASS. AS A COURTESY TO YOUR CLASSMATES AND TEACHER, AND TO OBTAIN THE MAXIMUM BENEFIT FROM THE ALLOTTED CLASS TIME, PLEASE COME TO CLASS WITH THE CUTTING SPECIFIED AND OTHER PREPARATION WORK COMPLETED, AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THE REQUIRED FABRICS AND SUPPLIES.
- Please note that we do not give refunds for cut fabric. If we cancel a class, we will be happy to refund the cost of the class plus any rulers, books, patterns, etc. that were purchased specifically for that class (must be in original packaging and condition when returned). If you don't want to take the chance of being stuck with unwanted fabric (is that a thing?), please wait to buy your fabric when you know the class is definitely happening.
- Supplies specified on the supply list are all available at Quilty Pleasures unless otherwise noted. If a specific product is listed, please do not make substitutions. Our teachers are familiar with the products they recommend and cannot guarantee good results with alternative brands.
- Make sure that all of your supplies are labelled and identifiable as yours. Quilty Pleasures is not responsible for items lost or misplaced during class.
- We offer a 10% discount on class supplies. In general, all class supplies may be purchased at Quilty Pleasures. Thank you for supporting your local quilt shop!
- Please ensure that your machine is in good working order prior to class. We do have a resident technician if you think you might need a tune-up, and carry or can order feet, bobbins and parts for almost any make and model.
- During the winter months, please don't forget to bring slippers or indoor shoes to class.
Here's the class schedule in calendar format.
You can view the schedule by month and click the class title for a description. Pages are easily printable from your browser. You can still view the classes below as you normally would!Skill Levels
Novice: Has familiarity with machine (threading, basic operation), but little or no sewing/quilting experience
Beginner: Has some quilting experience, understands basic quilting terms & techniques (e.g. 1/4" seam allowance) and knows how to use a rotary cutter.
Intermediate: Has experience with basic quilting projects and is ready for more advanced techniques.
Advanced: Has a great deal of quilting experience and is very skilled and comfortable with various techniques.
All: All levels except Novice.NOTE: Just click on the class title for more details, such as dates, times, cost, instructor, etc. Sorry, we can't register students electronically -- please call us at 613-834-3044 with any questions and to register for your classes.