Note: We are being very careful to follow Public Health guidelines. Our priority is the health and safety of our staff, customers, and students. To that end, masks are encouraged.
The Important (But Boring) Details
Schedule in Calendar Format
- You will not be considered registered for a class until you have paid for your spot in full. For your convenience, we can accept your credit card payment over the telephone or you can register in person. Spots can not be “held” without payment. Placing your name on a waiting list without payment does not guarantee you a space.
- We understand that a registrant may not be able to attend a class for any number of worthy reasons, but to ensure that classes do not have to be cancelled at the last minute because of withdrawals, no refunds or credits will be issued unless the class is cancelled by Quilty Pleasures. If we are given enough notice and are able to fill your spot, we can then offer you a refund or store credit.
- If a class is full, or not offered at a time convenient for you, leave your name on a waiting list. If numbers warrant, we will schedule additional classes.
- PLEASE CHECK YOUR CLASS SUPPLY LIST AND PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASS. COME WITH YOUR CUTTING DONE AND ALL SUPPLIES REQUIRED.
- Please note that we do not give refunds for cut fabric. If we cancel a class, we will be happy to refund the cost of the class plus any rulers, books, patterns, etc. that were purchased specifically for that class (must be in original packaging and condition when returned). If you don't want to take the chance of being stuck with unwanted fabric (is that a thing?), please wait to buy your fabric when you know the class is definitely happening.
- Supplies specified on the class requiremens list are all available at Quilty Pleasures. You will be given a 10% discount off any class supplies requested by the instructor when purchased at Quilty Pleasures. If a specific product is listed, please do not make substitutions. Occasionally, our instructors modify the supplies or fabric amounts from those indicated on the pattern. This is typically to your benefit.
- Make sure that all supplies are labelled and identifiable as yours. Quilty Pleasures is not responsible for items lost or misplaced during class.
- Please ensure that your machine is in good working order prior to class. It is expected that you know how to operate your own machine. If necessary, we can arrange for a private lesson on the use of your machine. Please bring your owner’s manual to each class, just in case. We also have in-store technicians if you need a tune-up!
- During the winter months, please don't forget to bring slippers or indoor shoes to class.
Here's the class schedule in calendar format.
You can view the schedule by month and click the class title for a description. Pages are easily printable from your browser. You can still view the classes below as you normally would!Skill Levels
Novice: You are familiar with the basics of your own machine. You are able to thread your machine, wind a bobbin and adjust the stitch length. The expectation is that you have little or no sewing/quilting experience and are eager to learn new skills.
Beginner: Has some sewing/quilting experience, understands basic quilting terms & techniques (e.g. 1/4" seam allowance) and knows how to use a rotary cutter, measure with a ruler and follow a pattern.
Intermediate: Has experience with basic quilting projects with several projects under your belt and are ready to be introduced to more advanced techniques through instruction and example.NOTE: Just click on the class title for more details, such as dates, times, cost, instructor, etc. Sorry, we can't register students electronically -- please call us at 613-834-3044 with any questions and to register for your classes.