PatchWork Duffle Bag
-Patchwork Duffle Bag pattern
- Quilted piece that is a minimum of 38” x 42” (avoid directional fabrics, if possible)
- 20” x WOF of fabric for handles, zipper binding, pocket binding and zipper tabs
- 1 FQ for interior binding
- 30” double slide handbag zipper
- 120” of 1.5” webbing for handles
- Scotch tape
- 100% cotton thread such as Konfetti to match exterior and other fabrics chosen (bring a wound bobbin for each thread you are using)
- 24" x 6” Ruler
- Rotary cutter (preferably 45mm with new blade)
- Zipper foot
- ¼” foot
- new 90/14 topstitch needle
- sewing machine in good working order. Please bring your owner's manual.
Prepare a piece of quilted fabric that is a minimum of 38” x 42”. Use the batting of your choice. The back of quilt sandwich will be visible inside the bag.
In order to be successful in this class it is expected that you know how know how the sew an accurate 1/4" seam, cut with a rotary cutter, change your stitch length and width, wind a bobbin and straight line or free motion quilt a piece of fabric prior to class.